Have you ever wondered why some people laugh and smile all the time while others have a permanent frown on their face? The answer is in your facial expressions; as we age, our wrinkles change how much happiness or sadness can be seen by simply looking at someone. “The little movements of expression—whether they’re happy lines around the eyes when smiling or furrowed brows that give off an unhappy attitude-are largely controlled by muscle contractions,” says Dr. Gene Cohen from Wake Forest University School of Medicine. So if you want to keep those smiles going for years (and prevent any new ones from being erased), here’s what you need to know.
Why do wrinkles appear?
You may not be able to escape the inevitable, but you can do your best. Facial wrinkles are caused by facial expressions that we make constantly and naturally. When people get angry or concentrate on deep thought, they often frown, creating these expression lines on their forehead above the eyebrows. If this is happening to you, don’t worry because Botox injections in this area of skin have been proven to be one of the most desired cosmetic procedures amongst women worldwide!
6 Tips to Prevent Wrinkles Caused by Facial Expressions:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice daily. Remember, the skin is like an organ, and it needs to be taken care of!
- Exfoliate every week by using a product that has natural ingredients such as apricot or papaya extract. This will remove dead cells from the surface of your skin which causes wrinkles.
- Add moisturizer to help keep dry areas hydrated all day long so lines don’t form in those areas either (or just use aloe vera, which can be found at most grocery stores).
- Put down your phone – overusing our phones leads to repetitive facial movements and more stress on muscles around the eyes, forehead, etc., leading to even deeper wrinkles. Light breaks from our screens will help.
- Get a good night’s sleep – getting enough rest will allow your body to repair and flush out toxins that build up in the skin during the day, leading to more youthful-looking skin.
- Try not to let stress get you down! Stress leads to muscle contraction, which can lead to wrinkles too, so be mindful of any tension building up on your forehead or around your mouth area when talking with people.”
Start with anti-wrinkle creams
If you’re noticing wrinkles, it’s time to take action with an anti-wrinkle cream or serum before they get worse! Anti-wrinkle creams are one way to keep wrinkles at bay for now. Look for a product that contains retinol (vitamin A), as this is proven effective in fighting age. You may also want to consider adding other anti-aging ingredients like antioxidants, peptides, hyaluronic acid, etc., depending on. In addition to creams, you can use a retinoid serum for about the same price and help with wrinkles. A doctor may be able to prescribe a stronger version that would need an appointment if creams are not working well enough for your skin.” And then get into bed as soon as possible after applying these products, so they have time to do their magic! You’ll wake up looking younger than before!”
Smooth out your skin with a jade roller
Regular facial massages can be an excellent way to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy! Facial rollers made of smooth, anti-inflammatory materials like jade or rose quartz stones are a great idea for keeping muscles relaxed. Give yourself the gift of beauty with regular facial massage sessions today!
“I recommend the jade roller because it’s easy on sensitive skin,” says Dr. Gene. “There are many different materials and textures to choose from, but anything that is beveled or shaped will work well.” This massage tool can also double as a hot compress by using boiling water! It helps reduce inflammation, which might help your wrinkles disappear in no time!” Massage therapy sessions offer many benefits for both relaxation and skincare. If you don’t have access to regular facials with an esthetician, then these at-home treatments should do the trick! The key is consistency: so make sure you get some kind of message every day – like this one 20 minutes before bedtime.”
Do you struggle to find the time for facial massages before bed? Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives out there that will leave your skin feeling refreshed in no time. Anti-wrinkle patches make it easy and fast to take care of yourself throughout the night! All you need to do is attach them with glue or tape and leave them on overnight. They are easy to remove in the morning, so don’t worry about any residue left behind!
Are laser treatments worth it? Absolutely! The latest research has shown that this treatment can reduce wrinkles by up to 40% when done over a six-month period. There’s no downtime needed after each session – just be sure not to use makeup for 24 hours afterward!
Night cream and SPF
It’s crucial to protect your skin from the sun. Doing so will help you ward off wrinkles and sagging. Your day cream should have SPF in it if possible. Night creams are also important – some of them contain essential ingredients like vitamin C or collagen that work well when used before bedtime. Consistency is key when applying these products. Make sure to cleanse your face often enough with a gentle cleanser as this can cause an overall healthier appearance over time!
Hyaluronic acid, your greatest ally
The best way to fight wrinkles at home is by using a serum that contains hyaluronic acid and retinol. The former acts as an anti-aging product while the latter helps with elasticity, so this serums combo will help you look younger faster! When done over a six-month period, these treatments can reduce deep creases in your skin from 33% to 100%.
- Papakonstantinou E, Roth M, Karakiulakis G. Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging.
- Heidari Beigvand H, Razzaghi M, Rostami-Nejad M, et al. Assessment of Laser Effects on Skin Rejuvenation.